Alzheimer's risk exercise kit
Get your exercise kit on to offset Alzheimer's risk.
Living a healthy lifestyle may help offset a person's genetic risk of dementia by a third, according a current study by Exeter University which has called for over-50s to exercise more often. The study found that people with a high genetic risk and an unhealthy lifestyle were three times more likely to develop dementia than those with a healthy lifestyle.
Fiona Carragher of the Alzheimer's Society said: "With one person developing dementia every three minutes in the UK, knowing how to lower our dementia risk couldn't be more vital. So hit that salad bar and get your exercise kit on"
We have our very own weekly senior keep fit class here in Sutton, so no excuses! Contact Jane on 01353 774899 for more information.
N.A.P.P. June 2019 E-bulletin
(National Association for Patient Participation)
Items which may be of interest to PPGs and the wider patient community include:
- Links to videos of all the plenary sessions during N.A.P.P.’s Annual Conference “Celebrating General Practice” on 15th June 2019.
- Link to a radio broadcast during PPG Awareness Week, featuring our President, Dr Patricia Wilkie, Chair Dr Folarin Majekodunmi and Gemma Jackson Chair of Corkill Award -winning Thornton Practice PPG
- Up to date information on Primary Care Networks (PCNs)
- Information on support for carers and the Carers Innovation Fund
And much more ….
To read the document, please click on the link below
DoctorLink is coming to the surgery! (Available 8th April 2019)
It is a virtual health assistant - a system designed to make a symptom assessment and then recommends the right action.
This system is currently in use with the Fenland group of practices and will be adopted at Sutton after the merger on 1st April. Patients do have to register in order to use the service.
Details will also be in the surgery of course.
There are 2 leaflets that you can read in order to familiarise yourselves with an initial explananation
What is DoctorLink
Patient Participation Group
Priors Field Surgery would like to have the opportunity to contact our patients in relation to non-confidential matters via email.
At present we do not hold email addresses for many of our patients and we would like your permission to record your email address on the surgery computer system. We intend to use your email address only for the following types of communication:
- Contact and information from the Patient Participation Group (PPG) – in order to do this, we need your permission to pass your name and email address to the PPG. They would only have access to your email address and name and no other details about you
- Practice Surveys, so that we can hear your views on the service we provide. This enables us to make changes to the service to match the needs of our patients and is encouraged by the government.
- Passing information to patients that may be of benefit to them. For example advice for carers, changes to local services or education relating to self-help with minor ailments or illnesses.
- Information regarding current health campaigns and immunisation programmes at the surgery
- Changes to surgery services
We do not plan to enter into any form of communication with individual patients via email in relation to matters regarding their personal medical problems as patient confidentiality cannot be assured in relation to email communications. We will not pass your email address to any other third parties.
The surgery is particularly keen to ensure equality and diversity of representation from all groups of patients registered with the surgery.
We would like to take this opportunity to invite patients from different cultures or ethnic groups to become involved and consider joining our Patient Representative Group:
If you are happy for us to contact you occasionally by email please click the link below to open the sign-up form and complete all the fields.
Complete the Patient Group Sign-up Form Online
If you prefer, you can download the sign up form as a pdf document, print it out, complete it and return it to the practice.
Download the pdf version of our sign up form
We will be in touch shortly after we receive your form. Please note that no medical information or questions will be responded to.
Many thanks for your assistance
The information you supply us will be used lawfully, in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998. The Data Protection Act 1998 gives you the right to know what information is held about you and sets out rules to make sure that this information is handled properly.